Early this month I sent my K3 in for upgrades and updates, it is on
its way back right now. I put the kit together in 08 and understand
it is now modified to be up-to-date with the new off the shelf K3s. I
won't mention the cost involved, only to say it was absolutely
reasonable and that it is really amazing to find such dedication from
a company to their product line.

I remember my first radio when I was a ham; it was a brand new
TS-820S and it was nothing but trouble from the first week I had it.
Kenwood would not stand behind their errors and found excuses for not
covering the problems caused by myriad cold soldered joints. I even
asked a Japanese friend to write to Trio-Kenwood directly for me to
get help and was given the cold shoulder and they would not warranty
it. That was 1979 and I have never bought anything Kenwood ever since
and I never will again.

Elecraft on the other hand has been nothing but helpful and willing
to go overboard to help me with any question and resolve any issue I
have ever had. I will be a life-long customer of Elecraft because of
this. I appreciate the quality of their equipment and I appreciate
the dignity they give me as a customer.

Gary
KA1J

---