Others have given you good advice. The important thing to remember is that options can always be added later. In that sense, the K3 is a Barbie Doll. Or at least that's what I tell my XYL. :-)

I have found a narrow filter -- mine is the 250Hz -- can help isolate a single PSK station, but is only rarely better than the filter built into the standard DSP. It can also help in a RTTY contest.

I got the 2M internal transverter which I use for FM simplex and repeaters. With 20-20 hind sight, I should have just gotten a Icom/Kenwood/Yaesu radio, which would have given me 70cm. However I'm set for 2M DX when the urge strikes. And with the 13KHz filter I worked that AM station on 15M to be able to say I had worked AM.

I only recently added the 100 watt option and am now interested in the tuner.

I have a P3 and consider it to be the most valuable option on the radio. The second receiver would be nice, but the P3 usually lets me see where there is space in a pileup. I can spot an active DX station on the waterfall by looking at the changes in signal strength. If the station is working split, I can usually find the DX by looking down-band from the pileup.

Cheers - Bill, AE6JV