You could extend an existing button function. Perhaps add the 60m band to the
band up/down buttons. Or add a mode to the mode buttons. That would be one way
to include ESSB or Synchronous AM detection. The mode rotation on my Lowe
HF-150 includes several flavors of AM.

I doubt it will happen, but I'd sure like a GEN (general coverage) band on the
rotation. It is weird for frequencies outside the ham bands to end up glommed
onto the nearest band. Yes, I know this gets into which bands are available in
which country, but it is a common feature in other radios.

wunder
K6WRU

--
Walter Underwood