Which DATA mode you are in affects the sideband selection.    DATA MODE A
normally uses USB for all bands (see the Elecraft manual on "Data Mode
Selection", page 31 in may manual.      It's easy to end up with a different
Data Mode and then things vary band to band.   When you activate the Data Mode
button, it shows USB or LSB.   If you change data mode, or the sideband
selection, I believe those are saved on a per band  basis, so when come back to
a band, you get the last selection.  You might have to go through and correct
it on all the bands individually.

Ken WA8JXM