The battery powered Oregon Scientific clock I tried to sync for about 10 minutes at a half-dozen different times each day. The main reason appeared to be saving battery power by turning the receiver off.

Mine had an addendum that said they added a check at noon. If the clock was many hours off, the "noon" check would happen at night and set the clock.

73 -- Lynn

Unfortunately the consumer clocks seem to attempt to sync between
0200 and 0400 *local* (display) time regardless of the time zone.
I have a couple that would display UTC but when I set them to do
so they never sync because their "window" does not seem to include
the optimum propagation window.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV