On Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:19:31 -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> It's possible that the shack clock is a victim of this change but the
> other two were purchased around the same time.  One difference is that
> the shack clock is set to GMT and the others are set to local time.  As
> I recall the clocks sync around midnight so the shack clock could be
> trying to sync five to six hours before the other two.  If WWVB is set
> to account for this and runs the old protocol at midnight EST (10 PM
> MST) through midnight PST (1 AM MST), then that would make sense to me.
> I can try setting the shack clock to CST and see if it stays in sync, I
> suppose.

I don't know this for a fact, but I would assume that they all run at UTC and
then run a correction, based on your timezone setting, that shifts it the proper
amount for the timezone you set.

Ken - Thanks for that info.  It helps me understand why my shack clock quit
working a long time ago.  I moved it all over the place, including in place of
another one in another part of the house that worked right, and it would never
correct.  It was minutes off when I finally tossed it and bought a couple of new
ones.  They all work fine now.  Because of this, I really doubt that they switch
back once a day to bring the old equipment up to speed and then switch back.  It
never corrected itself in over a year.

Gary - AG0N