On Fri,12/12/2014 10:41 PM, Guy Olinger K2AV wrote:
Given who your club is, the universe of scores in use by your stat guy is a special case on the good side, that's for sure. I would never expect to see that result at large.

Obviously, this is an "all things being equal" sort of analysis. Given a good operator, what's a dB worth.

I've since done some analysis of antenna system design, and answered the question, what is 10 ft worth?

http://k9yc.com/VertOrHorizontal-Slides.pdf Many may be surprised by the results. I wanted to answer the question, If I pay tree climbers $800 to raise my 80/40 dipoles 30 ft, what does that buy me? You probably will not. :)

A real world answer -- in one weekend, three new band countries on both 80M and on 40M when I already had 195 on 80 and 245 on 40M.

73, Jim K9YC