One existed, in prototype form, and one of the testers told me that a few were in the field for testing. It was shown at Dayton at least one year, maybe 10 years ago now. I suspect it used many of the transistors then available.

Did you guys notice that the amp in the latest QST cost $4500 for parts - of course, it was two 1.25 KW RF decks in one box, so the cost for a 160-6M legal limit amp might be similar. Still, when you're cranking out KX3s and K3s and P3s and KPA500s the way they are, does it make sense to build up production facilities for a couple of hundred amps a year?

73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network at
http://reversebeacon.net,
blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com.