I have HRIA for a number of years. I never had a claim, thank goodness, but this insurance is by hams, Bill W3WH. http://hamradioinsurance.com/ You can also check out the eham reviews. http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1830

I use to have ARRL insurance when they were using Seabury & Smith & hated it. They didn't understand anything about ham gear. Pain to deal with if you bought or sold gear & that is why I switched to HRIA.

Get a new piece of gear that is under $1k, during the policy period, you just email Bill the price & you don't pay until the next due date. If over $1k he will send you the amount you owe. Very easy to deal with!

Hopefully the new ARRL insurance is much better to deal with now, but you might check out HRIA site.

I don't have any affiliation with HRIA or Bill W3WH.

73,
Reed  W4JZ