At 10:54 PM 8/7/2015, Reed wrote:
I have HRIA for a number of years. I never had a claim, thank goodness, but this insurance is by hams, Bill W3WH. http://hamradioinsurance.com/ You can also check out the eham reviews.
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/1830

I have HRIA also, AND DID HAVE A CLAIM...  My ICOM 7800 STOPPED TURNING ON....
"logic board"  to the tune of 700$ plus 200+ fgt & insurance ( 70 lbs !!!

I opt for an additional charge for " electrical failure"... and according to ICOM it was a surge..
on the 5VDC line,,, ( Hmmm  doesn't that come from the icom power supply ????)

 HRIA covered it ,,,phew,,,,sent the bill got the check ....

The same thing happened three years later...
surges , hah... that unit is on an online 3.5k ups..... resolved a good solution with ICOM.

bill NY9H  /3