Jeff -

I sold a Pro III (and my little old K2) back in 2010 in order to help pay for
my K3. I am not one bit sorry I did that! I started out with a K3/100 kit,
internal ATU and two additional filters: the 400 Hz 8 pole and the 1.8 KHz 8
pole filter. I loved it in this rather “bare” configuration, but…..

After moving to a new QTH and freeing up additional funds, I added the sub
receiver, two meter module, FM filter, and KX144RFLK. Having the second
receiver is great, as it allows me a lot of flexibility with antenna selection
and diversity receive. I use an 88 foot long doublet for transmit on 60 - 6
meters; a Hustler 5BTV ground mounted as my diversity receive antenna. Because
it is connected to the ANT2 port, I can also transmit into the vertical as well
as receive, should I want to.

I’ve also added the P3, KAT500, and KPA500 to the lineup. I highly recommend
the P3. It is unbelievably useful.

Sell that Icom - you won’t be sorry.

73, Jim / W6JHB
Folsom, CA