I have to echo these thoughts...  When I purchased my K3, (not S), I A/B
compared both to each other...  I was perfectly ready to sell the K3 if
it did not perform a lot better...  My goal was the best rig possible on
my budget...

I was going to take a month to do the A/B, as I expected them to be
close, in under a week I put the Pro III up for sale...  The K3 is that
much better, period...  I have several hams living close, and the K3
simply erases them unless they are with in 10 or 15 KHz, and running a
KW...  The Pro III was wiped out when they opened up...

I hear another layer of stations I simply did not hear with the Pro III.
You will not be sorry...

--
Thanks and 73's,
www.nk7z.net