First off, I didn't mean to imply that Elecraft shouldn't continue on their
path to the big amplifiers that they are building. Sorry if anyone had that
impression. My hope was that a lower priced, lower power version would also
become available.

I can't help but wonder if some of the technology in the new amps could result
in such an amplifier as I propose. Just like the K1 uses a lot of the design
and technology of the K2, but in a simpler context.

To get a solid state amp of kilowatt proportions, it must have at least a few
individual power amplifiers combined into one output. My hope was that
perhaps one or two of these individual power amps could form the basis of a
KPA400.

I also didn't realize that the FCC restricted manufacturer of amplifiers with
certain power specifications, I thought that they merely resticted the sale
or importation of such devices and it would be okay for Elecraft to build an
amplifier for export only. I have since been educated. Therefore a KPA400
option looks like the most practical option.

73,
Darrell  VA7TO   K2 #5093O

--
Darrell Bellerive