Rich,
The first K3 I owned always showed a large voltage drop on TX that was
pretty much incurable (as well as other issues), much to my (and others)
consternation.
I tried (In no particular order)
Heavy gauge power cables, No fuses, Upping the power supply voltage, Re
soldering the 30 Amp Anderson plugs on the power cable [s] and numerous
different power leads, all to no avail.
So, I learnt to live with it sort of. (The issue was always in the back of
my mind however.)
After some time though, financial circumstances forced me to sell my beloved
K - Line.
The new owner of the K3 also had concerns about the voltage drop, but, as he
knew that I had already tried all the common things listed above he gave the
radio the 'once over'.
imagine his surprise when he discovered that there was NO SOLDER AT ALL on
the Anderson Plug leads where they connect to the mainboard of the radio!
So, he soldered the connections and as a result, that K3 now works perfectly
all the time and with minimal voltage drop.
(Which is probably just as well as the owner is a gold miner and lives in
bush camps in Tropical Far North Queensland, Australia using nothing but
solar power and batteries.)

So, it may just be an idea to open the radio and check the solder joints in
and around the Anderson Plugs, you never know, your rig may have a dry joint
there too.

(And yes, I still own a K3, they ARE the best Amateur Radio transceiver on
the planet after all) :)

73 de
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA (Ex VK4BOF, VK4VHF)
Proud owner of Elecraft K3 #4767

Folks,

I am not sure if I have some sort of issues or not.  My K3 shows 13.7VDC
on RX. When I TX that reading drops to 10.9VDC.  Is that a normal drop?
I do not believe this is a K3 issue, but I was wondering if others see
that much drop before I dig into my 12VDC supply system.

Thanks
Rich

-----
Jeff Cochrane - VK4XA