Dick,

If the main interest is the drop in voltage, the 12V jack will work fine, no matter how many diodes are in series with it. So you get 10 volts during RX and 9 volts during TX, that is a 1 volt drop (OK, that is extreme, but hopefully makes the point). If you are instead looking for the absolute voltage delivered to the K3, use the VFO B voltage display.

73,
Don W3FPR