Seems to me the display on VFO B is accurate enough for this purpose. Now to make sure of the accuracy along with voltage drop, measure the voltage at the power supply terminals. I would expect the voltage at the power supply terminals and the VFO B display in receive mode to be identical, +/- meter accuracy.

As Don said, diodes or no diodes, the objective is voltage drop at the radio between RX and TX full power. I would perceive anything greater than 0.5 volts as shown on the VFO B display is reason for one to investigate the station DC power distribution.

73
Bob, K4TAX
K3S s/n 10163