On 1/28/2016 5:42 PM, Bill Frantz wrote:
I like Joe's list of filters in general. But if money is tight, I would
only get the standard 2.7 filters. Filters are easy to add later, and
the DSP filtering is quite good unless you have really strong nearby
stations and are trying to pick a weak signal out of the noise.

I agree with this ... I would start with FM filters (for the ability to
do FM and/or AM), 2.7 KHz filters and the 400 Hz filters.  The others
can be added later as funds are available and the need is established.

As to microphones, I would also recommend the Koss SB-45 headset and/or
an inexpensive dynamic "vocal" mic which can often be found for < $25
(e.g. Audio-Technica ATR-1300: $19.42 at B&H Photovideo) - far less
expensive than the overpriced and over-hyped Heil products.  Even a
step up to the Shure PGA48 will only set you back $39, half the price
of the Heil HM-12 or one quarter the price of a Heil GM.

Due to the TXEQ in the K3 there will be no difference in a 100 Hz-4 KHz
transmit bandwidth between the inexpensive and heavily promoted mics -
particularly if using VOX or a foot switch.

73,

  ... Joe, W4TV