From: Jim Finan
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2016 6:19 PM
To: drewko; elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Quiet fans for K3

I use Noctua fans for most everything. Have used them for years and haven't had
any failures. I use them for all systems I build for clients and myself. They
have several varieties for each size and the ones with rubber mounts are
generally the most quiet.  Also have a choice of 3 and 4 pin plugs.

While most of their fans come with rubber mounting hardware, the ones I suggest
have rubber inserts surrounding the bolt/screw holes‎.

Noctua is an Austrian company but fans are built in the orient. Top quality
with 'SSO2' bearings.

Both Amazon and Newegg have them and the prices generally run from about
$15-18. Just make sure the specs (CFM)  match (or are better).

While I haven't measured them on mine, they look like 80mm.

Jim
AB4AC
Jim Finan
‎