> As far as I can tell, Morse is entirely a hobby now. Maritime radio
> stopped monitoring Morse on 12 July 1999. I did some searches and I
> don’t think the US military offers a Morse skill rating now.

Manual Morse is still alive in the Maritime Services through Public
Coast Station KSM, the former RCA Coast Station KPH,  with receivers in
Point Reyes, CA and transmitters in Bolinas, CA.  It is owned by the
National Park Service and operated by the Maritime Radio Historical
Society with properly-licensed operators.  We operate on weekends, on
genuine restored coast station equipment, and there are still several
vessels that use Manual Morse for traffic.  We accept message traffic at
no cost - we're funded by grants from the Park Service and member
donations.  And we still keep "Silent Period" watch on 500 KC as in the
"good old days".  We also operate a ham station on several HF bands  -
at full legal power - licensed as K6KPH but using maritime calling and
traffic procedure.   See:  www.radiomarine.org

The military still trains a small cadre of Morse intercept operators -
now rated as Crypotologic Technicians - because "the others" still use
Morse for various purposes and we need to know what they are up to.  It
is not used for tactical or command communications. See:
http://ve7sl.blogspot.com/2016/02/cw-lives.html

----

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402