Eric
Moodulator
/elecraft.com/

On 4/1/2016 9:17 AM, Jerry T. Dowell wrote:
My Conditional Class code exam in 1954, administered by an Extra Class ham,
was mixed code groups (5-letter as I recall) sent from an old Signal Corps
manual at 15 wpm or so with a bug. I imagine that a few others who lived in
the boondocks had similar experiences. The rules, of course, called for
plain language text.

Jerry  AI6L

-----Original Message-----
From: lstavenhagen [mailto:lstavenha...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 1:00 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] OT: Decoding high speed CW

Oops, my apologies: one of those was me, my excuse will have to be that it
was in 1973 and I guess those memories are no longer what they used to be!

I probably mixed that up with my code practice tapes, which definitely did
have 4 letter code group parts....

73,
LS
W5QD

Mike Morrow-3 wrote
Code groups were never part of ham exams at any speed.
Exactly!  Yet some report, even here in the past few days, that their ham
Morse exams were random character code groups.  Thanks for information to
the contrary that can be neither doubted nor disputed!

73,
Mike / KK5F

Message delivered to eric.swa...@elecraft.com