I agree that loops are fun and interesting but my best success was with
attic doublets while being an apartment dweller some years ago. Not loaded
dipoles but non-resonant center fed wires.

My approach was to get into the attic space and, based on where the rig was
located below me, figure out how I could best run the two halves of the
doublet as far as possible without having bends greater than 90 degrees and
with the center "feed point" over the rig. I fed it with open wire. Not the
big, clunky stuff but homebrew line made up of two small gauge wires spaced
about 2 inches. My installations were in various apartments where I rented
on the 2nd (top) floor. The walls and ceilings were painted apartment white
so I used small gauge white wires. An ice pick made two tiny holes in the
ceiling drywall right next to the wall where the rig was sitting on my desk
below. Snaked the two "feed" wires through the holes and stapled them to the
dry wall. Put my balanced tuner above the rig on that wall and connected the
feeder to it.

With about 40 feet or so of wire in the attic perhaps 25 feet above ground I
easily found contacts on 40 and 20 meters CW running between 5 and 15 watts
output along with interesting DX when the higher frequency bands were open.
When visitors sat at the operating position, I had to point out the feed
line in front of them before they noticed it.

When it was time to move on, the whole affair could be removed and the holes
plugged in a matter of minutes, especially if I didn't bother to remove the
part in the crawl space above the ceiling.

LS makes a good point about the impact of wiring, etc. That's why I worked
to get my wire up above that and directly under the roofing material. But
even that can backfire, as it did once. After considerable success in three
previous locations I found one where I could not get out worth a darn. One
day I noticed a bit of broken roofing tile on the ground, left by someone
making repairs. The tiles were of colored lightweight concrete. I took it
inside and put it in my microwave with a glass of water and ran it on high
for a minute or so. The bit of tile was "smoking hot" meaning it was
absorbing the RF energy. No wonder I couldn't get out, especially on the
higher frequencies.

Fortunately the next QTH was a house I owned.

IF it is an "Isotron" you are looking at, they are a very poor excuse for an
antenna and proof that even a dummy load will make contacts when conditions
are right. Just about anything else will work better.

73, Ron AC7AC