> The
isotropic antenna is a theoretical construct which is sometimes used as a
baseline for the comparison of other antennas; it is not possible to build
one.

Actually you can come pretty close to an isotropic antenna by using two center fed dipoles arranged at 90 degrees to each other and fed 90 degrees out of phase. Not exactly a isotropic radiator, but pretty close. IIRC they can either be both horizontal or one horizontal and the other vertical. I'd have to re-run the models again to be sure.

And I have compared small loops to dipoles. I did not use a loaded dipole but, like Ron, a non-resonant wire fed with open wire or ladder line. The non-resonant wire won by a wide margin in the comparisons.

73 de dave
ab9ca/4