This so-called "antenna" is at best dumb, and at worst a rip-off. As master antenna-designer N6BT wrote some years ago, "everything 'works,' even a light bulb." He demonstrated this by mounting a a light bulb on a wooden fencepost, feeding with coax that he had carefully choked so that the coax could not radiate, and working all continents with it.

As others have noted, antennas like magnetic loops, loaded whips (HamSticks, etc.), and long wires are the weapons of choice with limited space and/or requirements of minimal visibility. If the frame of the building is non-metallic, indoor antennas can work (but can also be mondo noisy on RX). If the frame is metallic, the antenna must be outside. The good news is that the building frame will work fine as a counterpoise (although it may block the antenna in the direction of the building). A long wire launched away from the building is best -- small diameter enameled wire can be hard to see, and works fine as an antenna.

73, Jim K9YC