I agree with Peter and share the same experience as Peter.  The antenna works
but only in some particular conditions.
Waste my time.  Of course, I can be blamed about not clever enough to use it.
73
Johnny VR2XMC

      寄件人︰ "Petr, OK1RP/M0SIS" <indi...@xsmail.com>
 收件人︰ elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 傳送日期︰ 2016年04月7日 (週四) 5:41 PM
 主題︰ Re: [Elecraft] [k3] Isotropic Antenna

Hi Bruce and others,

I am sure that David talked about an Isotron antennas like this:
https://www.isotronantennas.com/

I intensively tested/used this antenna in 90's on 40m (product from Sigi,
DK9FN) and I have to say it is a nightmare in overall. From my own
experiences the performance of this toy was highly dependent to the
grounding availability, bandwidth was very small and tunning was influenced
by ground only but also by closed objects a lot.
Also the weather changes made bad impact for SWR like snow, rain etc.
Finally in 90's this toy was quite new and like any fashionable piece it was
really overpriced.

David,

As you can see the price these days is not so high but I do not believe that
something changed in its performances. If you would like to spend time with
playing around it (instead of enjoying the on-air operation) then you can
build it ownself as there is nothing magic on it. In any case do not waste
your money with buying it.

Hope it helps,

73 - Petr, OK1RP

-----