I have no RFI with Dish.  Try using a balanced antenna with a choke and
quality coax.

John KK9A

Warren Merkel
Wed May 18 08:23:30 EDT 2016

I have a DirecTV system and haven't had as good luck with RFI as the
others here.   My dish is about 40 feet directly below and near the end
of an OCF 80m Windom.   It worked out that was the only realistic
position that afforded full Sat views through the trees.

Usually nothing happens at 100w HF output, but when I run the power up
to 500w (depending on band), two of my DVRs either "turn off" (standby
really) or start randomly recording whatever channel is being tuned at
the time.  I've got the dish grounded and the RG6 feed is passed
multiple passes through large #31 ferrites, with no overall improvement
in RFI.

I would recommend much more separation of antennas and feedline than I
have, if possible.

Warren, KD4Z