Hi all,

I also like Brie and Camembert - yummy cheese!

My assembly practices differ from Ron's, I put all the hardware parts into a tray (no dividers). From previous experience from a 10 year woodworking career, I have a very good idea of the difference between 3/16 inch and 1/4 inch as well as the difference between 2-56 hardware and 4-40 or 6-32 hardware. So I can mix them all up and pick out the proper size from the mixture. Yes, if there is any doubt in my mind about the size, I will measure it, and I do have an engineer's rule at the workbench exactly for that purpose.

I acknowledge that not everyone has developed that skill, but for those who have it, the task is greatly simplified.

Those who lack that skill may need to sort the hardware into separate muffin tins or other containers with marker tags as a reminder of the size in the compartment. Actually, I hate those muffin tins or plastic box compartments because I cannot just reach in with my fingers and pull out a component - pliers or tweezers are needed to extract a screw or other component from those containers.

Ron's use of the cheese boxes is a good one because it allows you to grab the needed screw with your fingers - however, those larger containers take up more space on the working area.

So -- judge your skill at identifying screw sizes correctly and work accordingly - neither is right or wrong. Just do what will allow you to select the right size component when it is needed with the least amount of extra effort in the process.

73,
Don W3FPR