Good point not to put static sensitive items on plastic. I leave those in their anti-static envelopes until ready to install them on the ckt board (always anti-static pad in use). My solder iron is anti-static which is helpful, too.

I have anti static side cutters and long nose plus ground my jewler's forceps just before picking up a sensitive device. The less handling of those the better your odds of being successful installing them.

But saying that, I have accidently dropped them on the carpet and they survived. I have removed sm devices and re-installed them successfully (though odds get worse if you have to do that). Normally, if I have a spare, I just toss the removed item (most are not expensive).

73, Ed - KL7UW
http://www.kl7uw.com
    "Kits made by KL7UW"
Dubus Mag business: