Kevin,

While the magnetized screwdrivers may be a bit of a help for the K3/K3S or KX3 build, I prefer to keep anything magnetized away from my workbench. I do work with thru-hole components in the Elecraft legacy gear and have bits of cutoff leads "afloat" on my workbench most of the time. Those leads are collected on any magnetic tool and become a PITA to remove before using the tool.

I have an old Weller soldering gun on the floor next to the workbench whose only purpose is to provide the AC field in the loop formed by its tip - that field is used to de-magnetize screwdrivers, pliers and any other tools used on the workbench.

One does not have to deal with clipped component leads in the assembly of the K3S or KX3, so your situation may be different than mine. For me, no magnetic tools.

73,
Don W3FPR