      From: Clay Autery <caut...@montac.com>
 To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
 Sent: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 7:16 PM
 Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Dummy loads for dummies

Makes me curious about designing with these TO-220 resistors in the 1000
Ohm size of appropriate power rating...  Parallel 20 of them like folks
do on the axials that they put in the can type dummy loads with oil.

1) 20 in parallel on a finned copper or bare aluminum sink of sufficient
size and then entire assembly in a oil wetted container.
2) Same, but only the finned side of the finned/pinned heat exchanger in
a coolant bath.

I'd like to have a rugged, high power, key down load built from easily
obtainable and replaceable parts.

Clay Autery, KY5G
MONTAC Enterprises
(318) 518-1389