From: Elecraft [mailto:elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of
Richard Fjeld
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:07 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Dummy loads for dummies

FWIW,  comments to consider about open wire feedline from my experience:

Window line has shattered in the cold winter winds. Frost, snow, and ice
easily accumulates. It catches the wind easily.
On the plus side, window line conductors do not fold over on each other.
Conductors stay evenly spaced.

Ladder line does require measures to keep conductors from twisting and
folding over on each other. As Ron mentions, tension is necessary.
Ladder line has less problems in inclement weather. Ladder line is much
better in the wind.

I designed my loop and ladder line so that I can melt ice off it. That would
be more difficult to do with window line.

Dick, n0ce

delivered to k9...@live.com