John KK9A

From: Gary K9GS
Thu Mar 16 19:19:38 EDT 2017

I think that the ship has sailed with respect to Elecraft bringing a
legal limit SS amp to market.

There are a growing number of lightweight legal limit amps already on
the market.  The FlexRadio Power Genius looks especially promising:
http://www.flexradio.com/amateur-products/powergenius-xl/

It only weighs 33 pounds.  I saw it in operation at the Orlando
HamCation and it looked very impressive operating all weekend into a
dummy load at a conservative 1.5 kw output.

SPE also just announced a 1.5 kw amp..something I'm surprised they did
given that they already have a 1 kw, 1.3 kw, and a 2kw amp on the
market.  I know of several people that have the 1 kw amp and use it with
their K3 radios and they love them.  I've used the big SPE amp in CQWW
CW and it worked flawlessly all weekend without a hiccup.

Message delivered to garyk...@wi.rr.com