I have a 2K-FA and as Jim mentions, you can use the bare basic RCA cable to
key it etc...  however, depending on your setup, it's certainly easy to
make up some custom cables  Get some CAT5 stranded cable and read the
manuals (RTFM).  The CAT control input on all the SPE amps have the same
pinout and the amplifiers ship with the DB15 connectors and hoods.  It's
not rocket science to make a cable which is custom to your needs.  Plus,
you can take advantage of the key out on the K3 acc port and have the SPE
amp control TX-INH if you want etc...  making a cable up is probably easy
enough that a typical cave man could do it, if he/she has bare bones
soldering station etc...

Download the manuals and spend some time studying up on what you can do and
how to interface it with your K3... the last time I checked it's still
legal to use a soldering iron and some wire strippers.  If you order up
cables, you will get what you get and there are several different things to
consider when interfacing your rig with an SPE amp.  Why not get what you
want for cheap and learn something long the way rather than paying for some
pre made cables in this case. ;)  And yes, there are cases where we get
older and have a hard time with tiny connectors etc... and our eyes get
bad, so I get that.  Get a ham buddy to help you out.

Anyway... another thread lives on about Elecraft building a KW amp etc...
the Ever-Ready bunny keeps going and going and returning. :)

Max NG7M

Max NG7M

--
M. George