Why split? The K3S should be in Data A mode and should switch to Data when you allow WSJT-X to connect. Typical bandwidth for receive is 2.4 kHz to 2.7 kHz. If you switch to JT-9 via the software then the radio should move up band 2 kHz.

This is all configured in the Settings F2 menu of WSJT-X. If you need screen shots, I can provide such.

73

Bob, K4TAX