Since I am being dragged, kicking and screaming, into these imaginary QSO modes and have yet to allow my computer to talk to anyone else's computer on the air, perhaps I shouldn't comment, but I will anyway :-) I am receiving BTW, using WSJT-X in JT65. Depending on the tone(s), if the K3 is in split "Settings-->Radio-->Split Operation-->Rig" the the software will command the TX QRG to an offset that puts the tones in the "sweet spot".

It's all explained in the very helpful help file.

Wes  N7WS