I find the K3 NB to be surprisingly effective.  I also find that adjustment is highly dependent on the characteristics of the signal and the noise, and the effects of changing those adjustments is subtle.  The effect of a blanker on ignition noise was really astounding ... "was," because ignition noise seems to be history these days.  I suspect that many of the "it doesn't work very well" observations may stem from anticipation of a dramatic disappearance of today's noise from incidental and unintended radiators with NB on.  My local noise comes from the NV Energy power system and an uncountable number of Part 15 violators in the house and neighborhood.  K3 NB is very effective for me against them.

I am a bit sorry that both the IF and DSP blanker parameters are so cryptic in the K3.  Depth of the blanking pulse and width of the blanking interval are the two "real" parameters involved.  The K3 seems to camouflage them which, for me at least, makes them a bit harder to adjust properly, I'm not sure what I'm doing when I change them.  Incidentally, punching holes in the receiver sensitivity to block noise pulses is itself introducing noise.  As with everything else in life, it's a trade-off.

73,

Fred ["Skip"] K6DGW
Sparks NV DM09dn
Washoe County