I agree. The adjustments are far too many and arcane.  I'm currently plagued with powerline noise that has yet to be fixed, although they are supposed to be working on it. The K3S blanker is slightly better than useless. When I set it aggressive enough to be audibly useful, FT8 decodes multiple signals at 120 Hz intervals, which upsets sequencing.

I'm finding that my SDR-IQ that I normally use only as a bandscope, has better noise blanking on its demodulated audio than the K3.  Too bad I can't use it with WSJT-X.

I suspect, but do not know for sure, (maybe the designer can enlighten us) that there is insufficient delay in the (analog) signal path and the noise gets through before blanking takes place.

Wes  N7WS