+1 for the inexpensive offerings from Harbor Freight. I have several of these
cheap knock offs. They’re certainly not professional grade instruments, but
they are more than adequate for hobbiest level work. I use a small CEN-TECH
model for quick voltage, resistance and current measurents.  It works well and
was actually FREE with a coupon. The readings are very close to my trusty, much
more expensive, Fluke 79.
David, W4SMT