While reading through my new K2 kit's control board assembly instructions,
I see that some builders prefer to trim the resistor and capacitor leads
before soldering.  I'm intrigued by this, and wonder if someone who uses
this technique can share their experiences. Do you the solder the component
from the top of the board or bottom?  How do you keep the component in
place during soldering?  I am assuming the value of this technique is in
the resulting lower profile of the components on the backside of the board.

Thank you.

Mark
AE6RT

--