This thread prompted me to check out my Astron vs35m. It had a small black wire
from -V connected to the bottom of the chassis. Perhaps it could be called a
case or cabinet...more importantly, it’s what the green wire from the line cord
is connected to. I disconnected the black wire. When it was connected, much of
the current that would have passed thru the negative power wire from the power
supply to the rig was shunted thru the green power cord wire, the ground buss
bar, and other ground connections.

Chuck Jack
KE9UW

Sent from my iPhone, cjack