On 2018-04-15 10:38 PM, hawley, charles j jr wrote:
I disconnected the black wire. When it was connected, much of the current that would have passed thru the negative power wire from the power supply to the rig was shunted thru the green power cord wire, the ground buss bar, and other ground connections.
More importantly, if the "station ground" - the ground from the antenna
entry panel - is not bonded to the power entry ground, a lightning event
can be carried from the chassis of the power supply back through the
electrical system safety ground to the power entry *or vice versa*
depending on the location of the "strike".

This greatly increases the chances for damages to station equipment and
all other electronic equipment in the household in event of a lightning
event.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV