But I keep coming back to this: almost every device connected to the power
supply has V- connected to ground internally. So if you have, say, a keyer and
a transceiver running off the same supply, won’t some of the transceiver’s
current flow through the V- line to the keyer, to the case of the keyer via the
internal connection, to the station bonding, to the transceiver case and thence
to the transceiver V- input?

In short, don’t the accessories fed from the same PS as the transceiver do
exactly the same thing as the notorious black wire in the Astron?

Vic 4X6GP