Bill Schmidt is right--you have to get rid of a bunch of heat--no matter what
device you are using to amplify (tubes, transistors, or magic). The amplifying
device must dissipate considerable heat because we are running Class AB and
because of all electronic devices are naturally lossy.

Remember that this heat is generated not only in the RF transistors, but also
in the power supplies, bias circuits, lights, etc.  There are lots of heat
sources in every amplifier.

I can honestly say that my KPA1500 is considerably quieter than the Expert 2KFA
that I just sold and I would have to say it is quieter than my old Alpha 87A.
I do operate it at full 1.5 KW output but I suspect my duty cycle on CW has not
caused it to so how that the fans max out.  Same for the 2KFA, but even at low
speeds, it was far noisier.  And, the 2KFA has REALLY loud T/R relays!