Pete et al:

I purchased my K3S 100-F in August of 2015.    I experienced a failure in the form of distorted SSB audio in April 2018.  Working with the techs at Elecraft they suggested and supplied a new KPA3A.    That unit was received and installed and failed within a week.  They then suggested the radio be returned for repair.  It was shipped to Elecraft on May 8, 2018 and received at Elecraft on May 10, 2018.   I shipped by USPS Priority Mail.     It was repaired, updated and completely aligned and shipped to me on May 31, 2018.   At the time I obtained my RA, the repair time was given as 15 to 20 working days.   The radio was  received by me on June 7, 2018 as it was shipped via UPS Ground.    That overall project covers a span of 30 days or so.    All seemed reasonable to me considering repair time and shipping time both ways.

73
Bob, K4TAX