73,
Eric
/elecraft.com/

On 11/14/2018 4:38 PM, Don Wilhelm wrote:
The current stated turnaround time for Elecraft repairs is 3 to 4 weeks.
Given the staff techs with experience, that is the best that they can do.  Oh, yes, "hire more techs" can be said, but that takes time away from those techs now working on repairs for training of new people, so initially the backlog increases until the new techs come on board.
Not an easy problem to solve for a small company.

73,
Don W3FPR

On 11/14/2018 7:26 PM, marvwhee...@nwlink.com wrote:
I think it is possible that those who are happy with Elecraft legendary
support are the same people that have realistic expectations.

Marv
KG7V

-----Original Message-----
From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Peter Dougherty (W2IRT)
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 2:14 PM
To: g...@ka1j.com; Elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Possible K3s TX failure - distorted audio

Well here we are two weeks later. The radio's been sitting in the repair
queue since Nov. 1st and hasn't even been looked at yet according to the
phone call I just placed. Still waiting to experience that legendary
Elecraft support that everybody here raves about. To have a radio that I
went four years into debt to buy fail catastrophically after two years of
extremely light use isn't something I signed up for. Sorry for venting, but
I basically lost a chance at setting a personal best in CQWW-SSB and now CW
seems out of the question too, although thankfully a loaned Flex 6500 has at
least kept me on the air.

Message delivered to eric.swa...@elecraft.com