Peter,

I had that issue with the K3s, same kind
of issue. I'd sent it in maybe 3 months
ago for some warranty work & work on the
PA I believe it was, but hadn't used the
SSB for the same reasons as you. I heard
no issue in the headphones listening to
Monitor but got many reports of a terrible
signal. I bought a HM4 mic thinking that
was the issue but the new mic did no
better.

I ran the backup K3 and got excellent
reports with the KM4 mic so knew the issue
was in the K3s. It's in California, in
Queue right now.

Your issue may be different.

73,