My vote is that XIT is not a useful feature in a rig that has two VFOs A & B, with the SPLIT option. I have never used XIT with the K2 and it does not exist in my homebrew rigs. Maybe I am missing something?

What I do find very useful, especially in a pileup situation, is a panadapter / spectrum display that is NOT fuzzy and which shows where my transmitter is placed (vertical line).

Digressing somewhat, a very useful addition to a receiver is a rear panel connector from which a sample of the signal that appears at the output of the first signal mixer can be obtained, at 50 ohms impedance. This provides a source for all those external devices not yet thought about. Obviously this has to be done in such a way that the proper gain distribution of the receiver is not disturbed.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD