I see no need for isolation transformers with headphones.  Likely the transformers is the reason the HP output won't drive a pair of headphones.   Isolation transformers?  Are they 3 winding hybrid transformers?    I've used them in professional audio installations but they are rare and expensive.

73

Bob, K4TAX