From: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net <elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net> On
Behalf Of Dauer, Edward
Sent: Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:13 PM
To: elecraft@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [Elecraft] Will there be a K4?

    Wow; there's a tantalizing post.

I'll leave the important technical suggestions to others.  Here's my list:

1.  Seamless backwards compatibility with the KPA1500.  Without it, I don't buy
a K4.  Likewise, though much less important, for the K-Pod.

2.  Similar though not necessarily identical form factor to the K3 / K3s.
Existing investments in shack design have been built around the current
equipment.

3.  Built-in remoting.  Get rid of the RemoteRig dongles.

4.  Whatever it takes, so far as possible, to make connecting any outboard
computer to the rig unnecessary for any reason.

5.  Upgrading from K3 to K4, as we had for upgrading from K3 to nearly K3s,
would be nice but I wouldn't let it stand in the way of major design changes.

6.  One tiny matter the absence of which has always just bugged me -- an
internal contest QSO S/N counter for the internal memory CW keyer.

7.  On-board panadapter.  Touch-sensitive screen is not all that desirable.  I
much prefer soft keys.  Keeps the PBJ off the screen.

8.  A kit version, as much as feasible.

Ted, KN1CBR