Bingo!!!  I used a Genovation for K3 control (placing the keypad beside me at the edge of my desk). Worked great - until the keypad quit. I reverted back to using HRD.

Then I got an IC-7300 with the touch screen and a stylus.  Moved the radio out on the desk so I can reach it easily (and lost desktop space). Good radio with lots of modern features and personalization choices. Then I reverted back using HRD (remember the lost desktop space?).

HRD can be somewhat customized as to what controls are on screen, but it is a one size fits all system. Hence, with the limited rig related customization it offers, it is not the end all rig control system - too much attention has been paid to digital, rotors, DXing, logging, etc.  Not enough time spent on rig control.

Maybe I am the only person in the world solely interested in rig control software?

All that said, the idea of a full featured tablet-like remote control I can hold in my lap would just be GREAT!!! I just have to live long enough to see this happen.

Life is good at my shack - the snow is going away!