So basically a K3S :-D

The only thing I think it might be nice to see is a way for ALE (ie,
HFlink) to work/scan totally silently, which I guess would mean totally
diode-switched filters and a mode where the ATU could automatically be
bypassed during receive and enabled during transmit?  (the latter could
sort of be achieved today with the software sending the right commands of
course)

Cosmetically, the unit's display is starting to look & feel a little clunky
by 2019 standards, but this is such a minor thing.

But honestly the K3S has left me wanting for so little that it's somewhat
difficult for me to imagine altogether very many ways to improve it, though
I've only been operating with it about a year.

   Nick

On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 17:01, Robert G Strickland via Elecraft <
elecraft@mailman.qth.net> wrote:

> Keep it modular.
> Keep the "basic unit" simple.
> Focus on performance, not bells and whistles.
> Keep the UI simple and direct, functional, not "cute."
> Remember that there's no "forever upward;" asymptotes do exist.
> Investigate how the price can be brought down [if at all] without
> sacrificing performance or company financial stability.
> Remember that while the K3'etc is a great radio, the company behind the
> radio is as great as the technical stuff. Nourish the company.
> Thanks for asking!
>
> ...robert
>
> > On 3/24/2019 5:14 PM, Eric Swartz WA6HHQ - Elecraft wrote:
> >> Inquiring minds want to know:
> >> What would you all like to see as a ???K4??? ?
> >>
> >> Eric
> >> elecraft.com

> --
> Robert G Strickland, PhD ABPH - KE2WY
> rc...@verizon.net.usa
> Syracuse, New York, USA

*N6OL*
Saying something doesn't make it true.  Belief in something doesn't make it
real. And if you have to lie to support a position, that position is not
worth supporting.